ERSC2020 in May 2020 has been canceled due to the COVID-19 outbreak
We regret to inform you that the ERSC2020 on 12-13 May 2020 has been cancelled, due to the COVID-19 outbreak. This very difficult decision has been taken after much deliberation and consideration.
The organisers are currently focusing on the immediate actions required due to the cancellation of the event, together with considerations on how the objectives of the conference could otherwise be realized. The organisers will be in contact with all participants in the near future.
We regret the disadvantage that this may cause participants, speakers and exhibitors.
The ERSC2020 organizing committee
While increasing energy efficiency in the transport sector, Electric Road Systems (ERS) is a technology area with the potential to reduce fossil fuel dependency, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, reduce air pollution as well as reduce noise in urban environments.
We invite researchers, industry actors, policy makers, developers, and transportation professionals to submit proposals for presentations as extended abstracts with a maximum of 1 500 words. Please use the provided template for your abstract and follow the proposed outline (summary, research question, methodology, and results). Please also indicate who will give the oral presentation. Unless authors explicitly disagree, accepted contributions will be accessible via the conference site electricroads.org.
The following topics are particularly suitable for the conference:
Technologies and systems
- Power transfer technologies and applications.
- ERS and its complementing systems such as vehicles, road infrastructure, ERS-infrastructure (including charging stations), electricity grid, safety equipment, access control, and revenue management.
- Degree of electrification and combinations with (roadside) charging stations.
- Other possible smart road features besides ERS
Operations and maintenance
- Operations and maintenance of an ERS and its complementing systems.
- Impact on existing operations and management, such as road maintenance and traffic management.
- The possible role as operator of ERS-systems, such as organisation, financing and roles.
- Regional case studies.
- Suitable network of transport corridors.
- Expansion strategies beyond pilots.
Business and economics
- User and actor perspectives, including incentives for large-scale adoption.
- Capital expenditures (CAPEX) and operational expenditures (OPEX) for different actors and perspectives.
- Revenues and costs for different actors in an ERS business ecosystem.
- Life cycle costs.
- Impact on the society, people, environment, and landscape.
Note: Abstract submission is now closed.
Presentation proposals shall be submitted through the submission portal for ERSC2020.
Please use the provided template.
The scientific committee of the conference will review all submitted abstracts before acceptance; important selection criteria are novelty, clarity and discussion of possible uncertainties. The scientific committee will also assign the contributions to the oral or dialogue sessions.
9th of February 2020 – Deadline for extended abstract submission (SUBMISSION IS NOW CLOSED)
6th of March 2020 – Notification of acceptance of paper presentation
15th of March 2020 – Deadline for early-bird registration
12th and 13th of May 2020 – Fourth International ERS Conference
Do you have additional questions?
Contact the organizing committee directly at firstname.lastname@example.org